Privacy & security policy
Al-Futtaim Trading Company L.L.C trading as R.B.K. MIDDLE EAST L.L.C., or any subsidiaries and affiliates of the Al-Futtaim Group (collectively “ Al Futtaim”, “ we”, “ our”, “ us”) maintains this website (the “ Website”) and mobile application (collectively “ Platform”). This includes all the Platform’s information, communication, software, scripting, photos, texts, videos, graphics, music, sounds, images, other materials and services (collectively “ Content”). Our Content is provided as a form of convenience for its online visitors, customers, employees and the public (collectively “ user”, “ users”, “ you”, “ your”, “ yours”).
This Privacy & Security Policy informs our users how and why we collect, store and use personal information.
- What personal information do we collect from you and how?
- What we do & don't do with your personal information
- We care about your security
- What you need to know about our cookies
- What about policy changes?
What personal information do we collect from you and how?
Al-Futtaim collects users’ personal information; this excludes storing the user’s payment details when the user visits our Platform or places an online order with us.
We may ask you for personal information at other times, including by way of example:
- When you enter a sweepstake, content or promotion sponsored by us
- When you complete surveys or other questionnaires
- When you send an email to us
Our web servers also collect the domain names of users on our Platform. This information aggregated is to measure number of visits, average time spent on our Platform, pages viewed, among other things.
What we do & don't do with your personal information
Al-Futtaim uses your personal information for the following:
- To facilitate order processing.
- To develop enhancements on our Platform.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, for example, offering users the opportunity to take advantage of special promotions and to acquire Al Futtaim products.
- To design and build better products.
- To customize your shopping experience and to provide advice and purchase recommendations.
- To help target valuable marketing, remarketing, and advertising offers, executed through banner ads or promotional emails, which may be sent by third parties under contract with Al-Futtaim.
- To do research on users’ demographics, interests and behavior, so as to better understand and measure the use of our Platform and to improve our Content.
Al Futtaim does not disclose your personal information with third parties without your consent except that Al Futtaim may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With our related companies;
- To any cloud servers for the storing or processing of your information.
- If you purchase a product requiring service, your personal information will be shared with the service provider concerned.
- With Al Futtaim’s third-party business partners and service providers, so that they may provide services that are consistent with the terms of this Privacy & Security Policy and our Platform.
- When we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
By using our Platform, you hereby consent to the collection and use of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy & Security Policy.
We care about your security
We only collect your personal information to the extent deemed necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes and we use industry standard security technology to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal information. Nonetheless, we are not responsible or liable for any breach of security with respect to your personal information or for the actions of any third parties who may have obtained your personal information through us, our Website or the Content.
What you need to know about our cookies
What you need to know about our cookies “Cookies” are pieces of information that we transfer to your hard drives solely for record-keeping purposes. These could involve cookies, pixel tags and/or similar technologies that track users visiting our advertising banners and hyperlinks on other websites or that store usernames and passwords. The purpose of Cookies is to better offer our users seamless access to our Platform. By using our Platform, you hereby consent that Al-Futtaim may place Cookies on your device.
What about policy changes?
Al Futtaim reserves the right to change this Privacy & Security Policy at any time by posting an update on our Platform. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by any such changes or revisions and you explicitly agree to periodically visit this page to determine the then current Privacy & Security Policy to which you are bound. You agree that use of the Website without periodic review of the Privacy & Security Policy shall be at your own risk
Are you looking for more information?
Any questions regarding this Privacy & Security Policy can be directed to our Contact Us page.